This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Prone poll-Pro`s and Con`s-

Since some are for prone and a equal amount are against prone in PC versions,I just want to understand why you have you opinion on this matter.

I will poll it with mutlible choices but please leave you comments on why you have made you choice.Please make them nice answers and not bag anyone for thier views.

Just think of it as friendly market research

p.s actually i will make it multible choice too:thumbsup:

Thanks soldiers:salute:

Re: PC Prone poll-Pro`s and Con`s-

Remember comment nicely please,everyones opinion is equally important :thumbsup:

Comment

At least there won't be that stupid prone spamming g4yness, I hate it so goddamn much.

Comment

It's really hard to pass judgement without actually playing, so I suspect any results may just be a moot point.

Comment

And dont forget prone adds a lot of problems, legs sticking through walls, dolphin diving, insta proning. It took 4 years to "fix" prone from gameplay point of view. Other bugs are still there.
          I believe prone will be present in BF3, but thats completely different game.

Comment

I voted for the first choice. Although I agree that deciding is moot without having played the game.

I believe that lower player counts are the prime cause for slow pacing when prone is utilized. With 12 players a side, any camping will obviously dramatically reduce the number of targets across the map and slow pacing. If the PC had significantly more players, there would be more targets and more players willing to flank campers and break stalemates.

Originally posted by Leopardi
            At least there won't be that stupid prone spamming g4yness, I hate it so goddamn much.
            Honestly, you're using the wrong logic: Nerf/remove anything you can't handle. There are far better ways of dealing with spamming.

1) A delay between stances.
            2) A delay to aim until your weapon is properly braced after going prone.
            3) Tactics.

Originally posted by Xeq
            And dont forget prone adds a lot of problems, legs sticking through walls, dolphin diving, insta proning. It took 4 years to "fix" prone from gameplay point of view. Other bugs are still there.
            I believe prone will be present in BF3, but thats completely different game
            Those are hardly game breaking issues. The benefits of prone outweigh these trivialities. Some of the prone exploits can be fixed with proper design choices. Others can be overcome with tactics.

Dolphin diving for example, is useful when jumping over sandbags and landing into the prone position, so that you're fully covered. Just as naturally as anyone would when under fire. Of course, you shouldn't be able to fire your weapon for a while after diving to offset any exploit value. So proper initial design choices is key.

Comment

i'll tell you after i play the beta next month.

Comment

Considering even more holes can be made in the environemt and with being able to chip away at someone's cover, I think prone is going to be needed a lot more than it was in BC1 (which was already sorely missing it)

Comment

Imo prone shoul be there. Otherwise you can't go under vehicles, or dodge an incoming humvee.

As long as the prone is designed properly, for example you can go prone after jumping only while your still going upwards. And I don't see dolhing diving being much of a problem either if there's enough cons(ie. accuracy loss) not to do it.

None of the good players in 2142 use prone because it simply isn't effective in firefight, but for cover it's still good. Instead the 'pros' crouch spam.

Comment

1st choice. More options are always better. However, if it's not in there, there's always crouching to get better accuracy.

Comment

My reason for pro Prone is:

I dont have any prolems in killing a dolphin diver at all really(just aim for where they land)

I play mostly sniper and support now days and firing those guns from the hip is highly unrealistical(ghey).

now tanks can see through buildings and destroy them,I thought the poor grunt would benafit from taking shelter more

Lastly there are many times i use a simple dune or bump in terrain to use it for cover from which to fire from.

the game looks great IMO and you all know what a critic i am,but i just think it would add depth and maybe boost play to epic level:salute:

IMO i cannot see any negative reasons

Comment

From my standpoint, they had some nice reasoning behind taking prone away from the console game.

But the thing is, on PC, BC2 will be so much faster anyway. So prone needs to be added to add another dimension to the game, otherwise the limited options the gamers have will be frustrating and irritating. Prone is absolutely vital if youre infantry, going against tanks and APCs. I suspect a lot of complaints will rise from this.

However, I dont see it as a gamebreaking change, yet.

Comment

IW takes away lean, DICE takes away prone, what's the world coming to!?

one by one our games are becoming simplified.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            But the thing is, on PC, BC2 will be so much faster anyway. So prone needs to be added to add another dimension to the game
                            I'm not sure what you mean by BC be faster on PC?

I'm all for prone on any version. I know some of you PC players will probably not miss it too much when the game actually comes out because both BC and 1943 were playable without prone but that doesn't necessarily mean the game is better without it.

To all those people who said "I don't care about prone on consoles as it won't affect me cos I have a PC". Well now it does and this is a reason why you should care about things that don't affect you because they could in the future.

Comment

I don't mind really, every game experiments with new concepts and ideas.
                              If we stuck to the same thing every time there would be no change, just re-skins.
                              So i will just have too see, however i will not rage if they choose to leave it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X